We'd like to welcome Gaye Lander who is our newest member. President (2013/14) Dr Gill Beck inducted Gaye into the Club at the dinner where we handed out the cheques to the various charities who benefitted from the Annual Carol Float venture.
Categories of Membership
We are actively seeking Regular Members - so please contact us if you're interested.
We have three categories of membership
- Regular: local professionals and business people from the Aylesbury Community who join as individuals
- Corporate; local companies who would like two or more full / regular memberships from within their organisations
- Associate; anyone, including groups, in the local community who would like an informal relationship with the Club, joining in social and charitable activities.
As an Associate of our club, you are welcome to
- · Participate, informally or formally, in any of our charitable activities and projects; for example, the Christmas Carol Float, Stroke Awareness, Shelterbox, links with schools (essay, photography and technology competitions) and other.
- · Join in any of our social activities, such as days out and dinner events
There is no cost to this form of membership. However, there may be a cost to join in some of the activities. If accepted then it is renewed on a three yearly basis. We do expect Associates to maintain some involvement, no matter how specific or small, in our activities. Associate members are expected to uphold the Rotary motto of “Service above self”.
As an Associate you can name yourself as “an Associate of Rotary”. Full membership is required to be a “Rotarian” and only full members may nominate and approve activities, vote and hold Officer roles. Also, in general, only full members are involved in the national and international projects and events.