- The generosity of Aylesbury residents (we'll advise the final total in a few weeks time after gift aid has been claimed);
- The team effort between Rotarians, Charities, members of the community, Girlguiding, Scouts and friends;
- The local family who gave the Float parking space each night, put the tarp over it in howling winds, cleaned it and generally spent three weeks looking after it;
- The Buckingham Park community who so wonderfully welcomed us and worked with us when the generator failed - came up with a plan B and we had a superb night and learnt what a fabulous community spirit they have.
- The children who post letters in the collection buckets - wonderful surprises for us.
- Broughton Avenue estate who turned out in their masses and raised a record two bucket loads on a very wet and windy night.
- The unknown and unnamed families who opened their doors to let collectors in for emergency uses of their toilets! True heroes!
In February 2014 we'll be holding a dinner and handing out the cheques to charities and explaining more about the money raised. We'll also be announcing more in the press about the plans for Christmas 2014. If you'd like to help in any way, then do contact us.